The New Current 2024
Welcome to the next edition of The New Current:
"Transitions: Navigating Humanity in a Shifting Reality"
ROTTERDAM ART WEEK 2024
- WEDNESDAY JAN 31: 11.00 - 21.00
- THURSDAY FEB 1: 11.00 - 21.00
- FRIDAY FEB 2: 11.00 - 22.00
- SATURDAY FEB 3: 11.00 - 21.00
- SUNDAY FEB 4: 11.00 - 18.00
- Brutus is located in old warehouses where lighting is poor and floors are uneven or wet, meaning every visitor must be extra careful where they go and stand. Some of the artworks shown may be unstable, have sharp edges or have mechanisms that can cause injury if proper distance is not maintained. Brutus and The New Current point out to every visitor of Brutus that there are risks associated with the visit, which may lead to damage and personal injury if one does not pay close attention, stumbles, comes too close to the installations or objects, distracts oneself or others or is under the influence of any legal or illegal substance.
- Be aware of animals and children who may not be aware of these dangers. By accepting the admission ticket or entering Brutus, everyone accepts these risks and confirms that they waive the right to liability of the artists who exhibit there, from Brutus The New Current and their employees, volunteers or directors. Each of the above-mentioned persons or organizations reserve the right to recover damages from visitors who stumble or injure themselves because they are not careful or come too close to the works of art, objects and installations or distract themselves or others or are under any influence of legal or illegal substances.
The New Current
The New Current is a Rotterdam based platform for artists at the start of their careers. In an annual exhibition, The New Current presents young, recently graduated artists from all over the Netherlands to a wide ranging public during the Rotterdam Art Week. Through this exhibition, TNC aims to improve the visibility and position of upcoming artists. Room is given to experimentation, large installations, new techniques and forms of presentation such as audiovisual art and crossovers. Focussing on video art, installations and performances, The New Current translates complex works of art into a unique experience. Everything is carefully coordinated – from the works to the atmosphere and the catering. The performance programme contributes to an enhanced experience, allowing for a cross-pollination between different artistic disciplines, while reaching new audiences. To increase the impact of participation, there is a development program prior to the event which supports artists in the transition from the academy to the professional field. The development program extends beyond the participating exhibitors and is openly accessible for interested artists and makers.